Our knowledgeable, friendly staff in the Office of Recruitment & Admissions can help guide you through the admission process.
The first step to becoming an IUPUC student is to apply for admission and ensure your application is complete, including transcripts and the application fee.
Who Can Apply
Nearly 1,700 full-time and part-time students of all ages and backgrounds take classes at IUPUC each year.
They range from high school students pursuing early college credit to recent high school graduates and young adults who have been out of high school for a few years. Others have been out of high school for several years and are working adults with children at home. Some are active-duty military personnel or veterans. Others may be international students.
Students at IUPUC pursue first or second bachelor degrees or are working toward a master's degree. A few are taking courses on a topic of personal interest to them and don't plan to pursue a degree.
When to Apply
Apply for admission as early as possible. If you are a current high school student, you may apply after your junior year. Applications are processed as they are received. Please allow three weeks for processing after all materials are submitted.
For priority admission consideration, please submit your application materials by these dates.
- Fall semester: July 26, 2013
- Spring semester: December 1, 2013
STEP 1: Apply for Admission
You have three options to apply for admission:
- Apply online.
- Download a paper application.
- Contact us at 812.348.7390 or email@example.com to request an application packet.
Include your one-time, non-refundable $50 application fee.
For more details, please choose the category that best describes you:
STEP 2: Apply for Financial Aid
STEP 3: Waiting for the Admission Decision
- You can check the status of your application through OneStart. Create a guest account and click the “Self Service” tab.
- You may also email or call the Office of Admissions to check your application status.
STEP 4: After Admission
- You will receive a letter notifying you of the admission decision. If accepted, the letter will contain your student ID number and other information.
- Once you receive your student ID number, establish your IU technology accounts.
- Contact University College at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812.348.7271 for next steps, including the name of your academic advisor, information about any required placement testing, and student orientation.
- Complete placement testing if indicated.
- Attend a new student orientation session as soon as possible.
- Meet with your academic advisor.
- Register for classes via OneStart.