If the University Library of Columbus (ULC) does not own the book or other material you need for a research paper or class project, we may be able to obtain it through an interlibrary loan (ILL)
Process & Procedures
Interlibrary loans enable currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff to access materials from other Indiana University libraries as well as libraries in other states that are not affiliated with the university.
- Use the "Request Delivery" feature available in IUCAT, IU's statewide online library catalog, to request books from other IU libraries be delivered to Columbus.
- Use ILLiad, University Library of Columbus’s interlibrary loan service, to request books not found in IUCAT and articles not found in the library’s online databases.
Requesting Materials Through IUCAT
- Log into IUCAT using your network ID and passphrase.
- Conduct your search.
- In the item's full record, click "Request Delivery" on the right side of the screen.
- Select "Columbus Library" as your preferred delivery location.
- Click "Request Delivery" to submit your request.
- The material will be sent to the library and will arrive in approximately four to seven business days.
- You will receive an e-mail when the item arrives.
- Bring your library card to claim the material and check it out of the library.
Requesting Materials Through ILLiad
- Log into the interlibrary loan service (ILLiad) portal using your network ID and passphrase.
- Click the appropriate button for the type of item you are requesting (i.e. Photocopy, Book, etc.) and fill out the item's citation information on the form.
- The material will be sent to the library and will arrive within approximately 7-10 business days.
- You will recieve an e-mail when the item arrives.
- Articles are usually delivered digitally in PDF format. When the material is delivered, you will receive an email prompting you to log into ILLiad to retrieve/download the item.
- Bring your library card to claim other materials and check them out of the library.