The Office of Institutional Research (OIR) is a resource for IUPUC data, research, and assessment processes in support of assurance of learning and institutional effectiveness.
We provide raw data, summaries, and reports to members of the campus community, both internal and external. These data provide the basis for planning and decision making by the administration, faculty, and staff at IUPUC.
- One of OIR's primary responsibilities is facilitating general education and program assessment. You will find related reports on the assurance of learning pages. Tools to assist general education course instructors and assessment coordinators are also posted on these pages.
- OIR developed and maintains IUPUC's document library, which is a repository for key institutional documents. Please take some time to evaluate the reports and tools found here. In many cases, the data you need is already available. If not, contact us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Mission & Goals
Our mission is to support the range of information management and assessment processes necessary to identify opportunities for improvement in student learning and facilitate strategic planning and institutional effectiveness at IUPUC.
Our goals focus on activities intended to:
- Promote a culture of assessment and accountability at IUPUC, supporting academic and administrative offices in developing and maintaining systems of assessment for assurance of student learning and facilitation of institutional effectiveness.
- Provide timely and consistent research and reporting of campus metrics to internal and external users for a range of purposes.
- Facilitate data management and archiving through maintenance of various databases and a campus data repository.
- Provide research coordination for projects with campus-wide impact.
If you have questions about institutional research, campus data, general education, or assessment at IUPUC, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.