The mission of the Diversity Council is to facilitate a campus environment supportive of all individuals and groups by:
- Recognizing that each of us is unique while sharing many of the same characteristics, thoughts, feelings, challenges, and privileges.
- Serving as a forum for open, honest discussion of any and all issues related to equity and inclusion on campus.
- Generating support from the campus and our communities for inclusive attitudes and activities.
- Becoming informed about issues in the broader community related to equity and inclusion and determining the role the campus should play in addressing them.
- Advising IUPUC's vice chancellor and dean on issues regarding equity and inclusion.
2014 IUPUC Excellence in Diversity Award
Help us recognize individuals and groups that have demonstrated a strong commitment diversity. This award is intended to recognize and honor demonstrated commitment and outstanding efforts toward creating a diverse and inclusive community.
Each year, nominations are accepted for internal (on-campus) and external (off-campus) individuals, organizations, groups, projects, units, and institutions whose work during the previous year is deserving of recognition.
Nominations for the 2014 award are due November 8, 2013.
If you have questions about this award, please contact the Office of the Vice Chancellor & Dean for information.