English as a Second Language (ESL)
If you are a non-native speaker of English, we can help you increase and improve your general proficiency with our eight-week series of English as a second language (ESL) classes.
This eight-week noncredit evening program is designed to improve your conversational, everyday English comprehension and fluency. You will experience maximum student-teacher interaction in a supportive classroom environment. You will also earn a certificate of completion.
Classes begin August 6
The 90-minute classes will be held Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 8 p.m. beginning August 6 and continuing through October 1.
The curriculum will focus on:
- Conversational English, everyday expressions, and vocabulary
- Listening comprehension and fluency
- Understanding American English idioms
- Exploration of cultural dimensions of communication
- Use of cultural examples as a vehicle to improve language proficiency
Classes will be taught by Devin Blankenship, a talented ESL instructor with more than ten years of teaching experience, including internationally. Blankenship will use Compelling Conversations, a widely recognized and respected text to supplement his instruction.
Cost for the eight-week program is $400, which includes the textbook.
>> REGISTER ONLINE NOW <<