In the event of a serious injury or illness, immediately call 911 or 9-911 if you are on campus. Give the dispatch personnal as much information as possible regarding:
- Nature of the illness or injury
- Is there a single victim or more than one?
- Is victim(s) conscious? Breathing? Bleeding?
- Location, including street address, building, and room
- Were there chemicals or radioactive materials involved?
Do not move a seriously injured person unless they are in a life-threatening situation.
Send someone to the building entrance to meet the ambulance and EMS team.
For injuries that do not require urgent attention, visit a local hospital, clinic, doctor or contact the Office of Public Safety.