If you discover a utility failure, contact the Office of Facility Services. Be prepared to give:
- Building name
- Room number
- Nature of problem
- Person to contact and phone number
If hallway lights are out, locate exit stairs or doors and evacuate the building while emergency lights are on. Do not enter the building or use laboratories until power is restored. Emergency lighting should be considered temporary and will not support building operations. If you are in a laboratory equipped with a fume hood and/or biosafety cabinet, close all hoods and biosafety cabinet sashes.
If you discover leaking water or know the source of a water leak, contact Office of Facility Services. Do not walk through standing water due to the potential for electrocution.
Natural Gas Leak
If you discover a natural gas leak, leave the area immediately and dial 911 or 9-911 from campus phones. Then notify the Office of Public Safety.