In my early career, I developed and managed education and training programs for the Department of Defense, then transitioned to financial management for the Strategic Business Office of the Defense Finance and Accounting Service. I also served in the U.S. Coast Guard Reserve.
- Ed.D. Stanford University, Administration and Policy Analysis
- MA Stanford University, Education
- BS University of Colorado
- American Accounting Association
- Association of Government Accountants
- Indiana CPA Society
- BUS A201 Financial Accounting
- BUS A311 Intermediate accounting I
- BUS A312 Intermediate accounting II
- BUS A335 Governmental and Non-Profit Accounting
- BUS X203 Community Service-Learning
Administrative & Service Responsibilities
- Faculty Liaison, Indiana Campus Compact
- IUPUC Faculty Senator
- Search and Screen Committees, Div. of Business
- Peer Consultant, Indiana CPA Society
- Special-district governments; performance measurement and reporting by government; accounting pedagogy; service-learning in accounting.
Awards & Activities
- National Educator of the Year, 2009. Association of Government Accountants.
- Annual Best Article Award, Association of Government Accountants, Greater Columbus Chapter, June 2006
- Potomac Forum Innovative Practice Award, 2004
- Secretary of Defense Best Practices Award, 2004
- President’s Award, IPC: Association Connecting Electronics Industries, 1996
- The Heritage Fund, “Service Plunge–09,” Director
- Duke Energy, “Service Plunge–09,” Director
- Center for Teaching and Learning, Student Service-Learning Assistant, Co-Director
- Three Reasons to Revisit Special-Districts. Journal of Government Financial Management, Summer 2009
- Learning Accounting as a Language. Accounting Educator, Spring 2009
- The Government Environment. Association of Government Accountants, 2008.