When I arrived at IUPUC in the fall of 2009, I already had two decades of full-time teaching experience. That experience convinced me of the importance of integrated learning for undergraduate business students–helping them see how finance, marketing, management, operations, and HR work together to make a business organization successful. So it is a great opportunity to participate in IUPUC’s I-Core program for junior business majors. It is a challenging, but important way to deliver academic material. It’s also a valuable way for students to begin their transformation to productive business professionals.
- MBA in applied economics and finance from the William E. Simon School of Business, University of Rochester
- BA in journalism and criminal justice from Indiana University
- American Economic Association
- Academy for Business Education (occasional paper reader)
- International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (former board member and accreditation site visit team member)
- BUS-F 301 Financial Management
- BUS-F 494 International Finance
- ECON-E 202 Introduction to Macroeconomics
Administrative & Service Responsibilities
- “Exemplary Teaching in Business Award,” awarded by the Student Association of Saint Joseph’s College. May 2007
- “Exemplary Teaching in Business Award,” awarded by the Student Association of Saint Joseph’s College. May 2006
- “Teaching Excellence Award,” awarded by the Academic Cabinet of Saint Joseph’s College. May 2005
“Principles, Schminciples: A Radical Overhaul of the Long March through the Business Core.” Presentation at 2009 IACBE national conference.
“The Crucible: Using An Online Business Simulation to Review, Stress and Assess Cross-Functional Analysis and Decision-Making.” Presentation with T. Maienbrook at 2008 IACBE national conference.
- Former board member of Main Street Rensselaer (Indiana) and chair of Economic Development Committee.
- Member, Prairie Arts Council, Rensselaer, Indiana.
- Author of successful $15,000 Indiana Main Street Downtown Enhancement Grant application to initiate “Tuesday Nite Markets” in summer 2008.
- Founding organizer of OktoberFest Rensselaer, primary fundraising event for Main Street Rensselaer.