Minor in Business
Developing a generalist perspective on today’s global business environment can be a great complement to your specialized study in another discipline.
With just three required courses, a minor in business from IUPUC is flexible, allowing you to select two other elective courses to complete the minor based on your personal interests and professional goals.
As an undergraduate student at IUPUC, you can major in mechanical engineering and add a minor in business to your degree. Or, if you seek a career in healthcare, consider majoring in nursing with a minor in business. Regardless of whether you want to pursue a degree in liberal arts, psychology, education, general studies, or other fields, there are many career benefits to adding a minor in business to your resume.
Our flexible, individualized 15-credit hour business minor includes three required courses:
- BUS-X 100, Introduction to Business Administration
- BUS-W 200, Business Management
- BUS-A 201, Introduction to Financial Accounting
It also includes two courses of your choice:
- BUS-A 202, Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- BUS-F 301, Financial Management
- BUS-M 301, Marketing Management
- BUS-P 301, Operations Management
- BUS-Z 302, Managing and Behavior in Organizations
- BUS-X XXX, (300+ course in one of the concentration areas)
- ECON-E 103 or E201, Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECON-E 104 or E202, Introduction to Macroeconomics
Online, evening, and day courses are available. You must complete at least 12 credit hours of the coursework at IUPUC. You may transfer a total of three (3) credits from another institution to apply toward the minor.