As an Indiana University Bachelor of Science (BS) in Elementary Education student at IUPUC, your degree will lead to a general license to teach kindergarten through grade six.
To meet degree requirements under the Rules for Education Preparation and Accountability (REPA) program, you must also complete an area of concentration.
If you are interested in providing individualized instruction and support for students with exceptional needs, consider a concentration in special education. Talented special education teachers are in demand. Learning how to provide differentiated instruction for students with behavioral, emotional, or physical challenges are important skills for every good teacher. With this concentration, you’ll learn how to understand the unique needs of your students and how you can help ensure their learning experiences and outcomes are successful.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and be accepted in the elementary education program at IUPUC to obtain this certification.
- The concentration will be completed concurrently with the professional education courses in the Teacher Education Program (TEP).
Program of Study
- EDUC-K 448 Families and School in Society
- EDUC-K 453 Classroom Management & Behavior Support
- EDUC-K 465 Collaboration & Consultation
- EDUC-K 420 Technology Applications
- EDUC-K 426 Assessment & Instruction I—Mild
- EDUC-K 441 Transition Across the Lifespan
- EDUC-M 470 Student Teaching Practicum
You will complete one of your student teaching experiences in an inclusion-focused placement.