As an Indiana University Bachelor of General Studies (BGS) student at IUPUC, you can design a flexible, personal plan of study that fits your life and career goals.
The 120-credit BGS degree includes courses in the arts and humanities, sciences and mathematics, and social and behavioral sciences. Of the 120 total credits, you must have at least:
- 30 credit hours in IUPUC General Education Core
- 12 credit hours in IUPUC Baccalaureate Competencies
- 18 credit hours in one of three concentration areas: (1) arts and humanities, (2) life and physical sciences, or (3) social sciences
- 21 credit hours in arts and sciences electives
- 39 credit hours in free electives
- At least 30 of the required 120 degree credits must be at the 300- or 400-level.
- No more than 30 credit hours are allowed in one arts and sciences department/subject or 30 credit hours in one professional school.
- At least 30 total credit hours from Indiana University are required; at least 21 of these must be earned after admission to the BGS degree program (Note: a maximum of 64 credits from a two year college or 90 credits from a four year college may be applied to degree requirements.)
- 2.0 cumulative IU grade point average and a 2.0 average in all courses completed after admission to the BGS degree program.
BGS Program Planning Sheets
To track your progress and to assist in the advising process, download and print the BGS program planning sheet for the semester you were admitted to the program.
When using either of the program planning sheets, please:
- Be sure to read and review both sides of the document.
- Use it to take notes about the courses you've completed.
- Use it to take notes about the courses you want to register for before your advising appointment.
By frequently reviewing the appropriate program planning sheet with your advisor, you will stay on track to graduate as quickly as possible.