The Honors Program at IUPUC is an opportunity for deeper, broader, and more creative learning that will challenge you to pursue a greater level of learning and academic inquiry in your coursework.
By participating in honors-level study, you will have an opportunity to engage in collaborative research, service, and experiential learning opportunities with faculty and your peers. Honors study will provide you with a scholarly experience that increases your knowledge and its application in real-world settings.
Our Honors Program is guided by three core values:
- Academic quality and rigor
- Advanced opportunities for students
- Scholarship and research
As an honors student, you will sign an honors contract that describes and outlines the scope of your honors experience.
Benefits & Requirements
If you successfully complete honors requirements for a course(s), your achievement will be noted on your official academic transcript. When you graduate, you will also be eligible to wear a special cord with your cap and gown signifying you are an honors student.
The requirements for being admitted to the Honors Program include:
- You must complete a prescribed program consisting of at least 24 credit hours of honors work, including ENG 132/150 and an honors experience, to graduate from IUPUC’s Honors Program.
- You must maintain an overall 3.3 or higher GPA as an IUPUC student. If you fall below this level, you will be notified and advised accordingly. If your GPA persists at a level below 3.3, honors probabion may be instituted and admission to the Honors Program may be revoked.
- You must stay current with honors credits and complete at least three hours of honors credits each semester.
- For each honors-level course you wish to pursue, you must submit a completed honors contract before the due date(s) indicated.
An honors experience is the capstone of IUPUC's program. Under the supervision of a faculty mentor, you will make an original contribution to your academic discipline through research, service learning, or a creative product.