Applying for Admission
If you are ready to begin the Indiana University Master of Arts (MA) in Mental Health Counseling degree, the first step is to apply for admission .
To be admitted to the program, you must have an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
In addition, you must:
- Be proficient in English and possess at least 15 undergraduate credits in psychology or behavioral science courses.
- Provide official transcripts for undergraduate degrees earned at accredited institutions if other than Indiana University, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), or IUPUC.
- Complete the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), including verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing sections and have your official scores sent to IUPUC.
- Complete the MA in Mental Health Counseling admission application form.
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation from persons qualified to evaluate your academic performance, professional behavior, and personal character.
- Submit the required application fee.
We admit new students every fall semester. Our application deadline for the fall class is February 1st. We must receive your completed admission application (including all requested supplemented materials) no later than February 1. We offer an early admission decision for those who submitted their completed application by December 1st. Applications submitted between December 2nd and February 1st are reviewed immediately after the February 1 deadline.
For program information, please contact:
Cheryl B. Warner, Ph.D.
Director, Mental Health Counseling Program
(812) 348-7383 office