Applying for Admission
If you are ready to begin the Indiana University Master of Arts (MA) in Mental Health Counseling degree, the first step is to apply for admission.
To be admitted to the program, you must have an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
In addition, you must:
- Be proficient in English and possess at least 15 undergraduate credits in psychology or behavioral science courses.
- Provide official transcripts for undergraduate degrees earned at accredited institutions.
- Complete the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), including verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing sections and have your official scores sent to IUPUC. (Use site code 0238)
- Complete the MA in Mental Health Counseling admission application form.
- Submit two (2) essays (refer to the application instructions for details).
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation from persons qualified to evaluate your academic performance, professional behavior, and personal character.
- Submit the required application fee.
We admit new students every fall semester. Our application deadline for the fall class is February 1. We must receive your completed admission application (including all requested supplemented materials) no later than February 1. We offer an early admission decision for those who submitted their completed application by December 1. Notification of admission for the December 1 deadline is no later than January 15. Applications submitted between December 2 and February 1 are reviewed immediately after the February 1 deadline.
For program information, please contact:
Kevin McCracken, MS, MBA, LMHC
Associate Director, Graduate Education
Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus (IUPUC)
4601 Central Avenue, CC Room 169 | Columbus, IN 47203-1769
Phone: 812.348.7302 | E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.iupuc.edu/mentalhealth