The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Second Degree Accelerated track is designed for IUPUC alumni and south-central Indiana residents who have earned a bachelor’s degree in another field and want to become registered nurses. The program moves quickly, 17 months of full time study, with a concept-based, cutting edge curriculum that prepares you for a nursing career.
Admission Requirements and Guidelines
- Be an IUPUC alumnus or a resident of the following counties: Brown, Bartholomew, Dearborn, Decatur, Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Jennings, Johnson, Ohio, Ripley, Shelby, and Switzerland.
- Complete required general education coursework with a grade of C or higher.
- Achieve a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale for your first bachelor’s degree.
- Complete all general education courses with a C (2.0) or higher by the second attempt to be eligible for admission. This applies to courses taken at IUPUC or any other university.
- Repeat no more than two required science/math courses (anatomy, physiology, microbiology, and finite math) to obtain a minimum grade of a C.
- Courses in anatomy, physiology, and microbiology must be completed no more than seven years prior to the date that the application is submitted.
Applying to the BSN Program
- Apply to IUPUC as a second-degree seeking student.
- Send official transcripts from all colleges and universities that you have attended outside of the Indiana University system to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions.
- Office of Recruitment and Admissions at IUPUC
4601 Central Avenue
Columbus, IN 47203
- Receive official notification from IUPUC. If accepted, you will receive a letter from IUPUC indicating your admission status.
- Contact the Division of Nursing at 812.348.7250 or email@example.com for an appointment with an academic advisor. An advisor will interpret your credit transfer report, fill out an admission planning sheet, and discuss with you the courses that can be applied toward requirements for the second degree accelerated BSN track.
- Enroll in coursework to complete required general education courses. Using your admission planning sheet, enroll in coursework to complete general education requirements. Excellent grades are important as admission is competitive.
- Apply to the Accelerated BSN Second Degree Track. Remember, you must complete application orientation with an academic advisor.
Accelerated BSN Second Degree Track
Below is a sample schedule for students accepted beginning summer 2016.
|Summer (12 weeks)
||Summer (12 weeks)
||Fall (8 week semester)
||First six weeks
||1 – K492
||3-H365 RN to BSN
|3-B253 Hybrid format
||3-H355* or **
||3-S474 RN to BSN
||Second six weeks
||3-L230/430 (remonstrance, combined course)
||3 - B453
70 credits total
(*) = students can take the course with the traditional students
(**) = students may be able to take with RN-BSN student courses if running concurrently