Admission to the Indiana University Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at IUPUC is competitive and depends on the number of applicants for each admission cycle and how your application scores compare with the scores of other students.
To be considered for admission, you must meet eligibility requirements. Note that satisfying these requirements does NOT automatically guarantee admission to the BSN program. You must have 29–31 university credit hours and have completed these courses or their equivalents:
- ENG-W 131 English Composition
- PSY-B 104 or B 105 Introductory Psychology
- SOC-R 100 Introductory Sociology
- BIOL-N 261 Human Anatomy
- MATH-M 118 Finite Math
- Critical/analytical/science coursework
You will select remaining courses (generally three) from these clusters in order to reach the 29–31 credit total.
- Communication cluster (one course maximum)
- Cultural diversity cluster (two courses maximum)
- Social competency cluster (one course maximum)
- Humanistic appreciation cluster (one course maximum)
To be considered for admission, you must:
- Be admitted to Indiana University as a degree-seeking student. If you’ve not yet applied for university admission, please apply now ».
- Have a minimum IU cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale at the time of application. GPA does not include transfer of FXd courses.
- Achieve a minimum pre-nursing GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Pre-nursing GPA is calculated on grades earned in the 29–31 credit hours required to apply for admission. Grades earned in transfer courses used to meet application requirements are included in pre-nursing GPA.
- Complete (or be in the process of completing) the 29–31 credit hours of courses required for application with minimum grades of C by the second completed attempt. Grades of C- or less are not acceptable. Courses for which there has been a grade replacement will count as the first attempt. This also applies to transfer courses.
- Meet policy requirements regarding courses repeated for a higher grade, undistributed credit, grade replacement, and CLEP and AP credit. If this applies to you, contact the pre-nursing advisor at IUPUC.
- Complete all courses required for application, including independent study and/or incomplete courses (grade of I) and transfer courses, by the end of spring semester.
- Take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS-V) by March 10.
If you have met the eligibility requirements, apply to the BSN program between January 15 and March 15.