TEAS V Testing
You must complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) V in order to be admitted to the traditional Indiana University School of Nursing Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at IUPUC. It is also required if you seek admission to IU’s BSN program in Bloomington and Indianapolis.
Note that the TEAS-V is the only version of the exam that Indiana University will accept.
If you are applying for fall 2013 admission into the BSN program, your scores must be received by March 10, 2013. The last available test date is March 8. If possible, you should register to take the test once before spring semester begins (January 7, 2013). This will give you plenty of time and opportunity to retake the exam should you receive an unsatisfactory score.
If you have questions about TEAS testing, please contact:
Pre-nursing advisor | University College
- You may take the TEAS V no more than two (2) times in a two-year period. The composite score will be used for your admission application. If you have taken the test once, your first composite score will be used. If you take the test a second time, the second composite score will be used even if it is lower than the first. Scores are good for two years. If you retake the exam, we recommend you wait 30 days between exams.
- There are 170 questions on the exam which covers reading comprehension, math (including algebra), science (including chemistry) and English grammar/language usage. You will have 209 minutes to complete this multiple-choice, computer-based exam. Calculators are not permitted. Preparation is strongly recommended.
- Arrive at the testing center at least 15 minutes in advance of the test start time. If you arrive after the start time, you will not be allowed to test.
- If you need special accommodations for the TEAS V, contact the Division of Nursing at IUPUC for specific instructions at least 4-6 weeks in advance of the date you wish to take the exam.
- If you take the exam at IUPUC, you will receive a copy of your scores upon exiting the secure testing center.
Create an ATI Account
If you have never taken the TEAS V exam, you must create an account with Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI), which is the company that develops and administers the online exam.
An account is needed to register for the test. Please create your account as soon as possible. Make sure that you keep your username and password for this account for your records as you will need it for future use.
- Go to www.atitesting.com.
- Click “Create an Account” at the top of the screen.
- Your username is your ten-digit Indiana University student ID number.
- Select your institution: Scroll down the list and select “IU Core TEAS.” Do NOT choose “IN U Columbus BSN.” If you do not choose “IU Core TEAS” as your institution, your scores will not be sent to the correct location.
- Your student/employer ID is your ten-digit Indiana University student ID number.
- Be sure to select TEAS V as the correct version of the test. If you have taken the TEAS V at another school, you can requrest previous results from that test.
Register for the Exam
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration closes 24 hours before each scheduled exam.
- Go to www.atitesting.com.
- Login using your username and password in the secure sign-on area.
- Click “Online Store” on the upper right of the screen.
- Select “Register for TEAS.”
- Choose the state and city.
- Select one of the available test dates. Note: Give careful thought to the test date you choose because no refunds are given and you may not reschedule your exam after you’ve registered for it.
- Read the information under “Learn More.” Print this page for your information.
- Cost is $85, which includes the proctoring fee. Acceptable forms of payment are debit cards (MasterCard or Visa) and/or credit card (MasterCard, VISA, Discover, or American Express).
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive a receipt/confirmation e-mail and more instructions from ATI. Keep this information for your records.
Note that study guides and practice tests are available through the “Online Store” link. These may help you be fully prepared to successfully complete the exam.