Admission to the RN to BSN Program
If you have a current RN license and an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree or a nursing diploma from an NLNAC-accredited school, college, or university, you are eligible for admission to the RN to BSN program at IUPUC.
Required Courses & Degree Requirements
The Indiana University RN to BSN curriculum consists of general education requirements and nursing courses.
- You may apply general education courses completed at other universities toward the degree if credits are determined to be equivalent.
- Course numbers and credit hours for general education courses may vary from campus to campus, so check with your academic advisor.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of C (2.0) or above.
- Review the course descriptions »
- The minimum requirement for the BSN degree is 124 credit hours.
- Students beginning the upper division nursing courses must complete all coursework within six years.
- If you have fewer than 124 credit hours, you must take additional coursework to meet requirements.
Apply for Admission
Follow these steps to apply for the RN to BSN program.
Step 1: Apply for Admission to IUPUC
You have three admission options:
- Apply online.
- Download a paper application.
- Call 812.348.7390 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application packet be sent to you by mail.
Be sure to indicate your proposed major as RN to BSN. If you have ever been admitted to any Indiana University campus, you may not need to reapply. Contact the Office of Recruiting & Admissions for information.
Credit you may have earned at other colleges or universities will be transferred at time of admission. Transfer credit is awarded for courses in which you earned a minimum grade of C (2.0) if they are equivalent to required coursework.
Step 2: Apply for RN to BSN Admission
After applying for admission to IUPUC, you also need to complete an application for the RN to BSN program. To be eligible for admission to the RN to BSN program you, you must:
- Be admitted as a degree-seeking IUPUC or Indiana University student.
- Have a current Indiana registered nurse (RN) license or licensure in any state where you are currently working as a practicing nurse. Proof of licensure is required to complete clinical course requirements.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for all courses attempted.
Complete required prerequisite courses with a grade of C (2.0) or above in each course. A grade of C– (1.7) is not acceptable. Download the RN to BSN Application for Admission and follow the instructions for submission.