The University College, or UCOL, team is dedicated to ensuring your college career gets off to a good start by providing you with a thorough introduction to campus and solid academic advising about how to achieve your career goals.
- UCOL advisors will help you choose courses and degree programs that best fit your personal interests and career goals. They are knowledgeable about the undergraduate and graduate degrees you can complete at IUPUC as well as those that you can begin in Columbus and finish at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) or another campus.
- At IUPUC, you are an active participant in developing an academic plan that will enable you to achieve your short- and long-term educational and career goals. We will assist you in developing an appropriate plan of study, course schedules, and advising you about degree requirements, policies, and procedures.
- The UCOL team plans and manages a number of new student orientation programs each year. It is important for you to attend an orientation session, which will introduce and explain the IT, tutoring, library, and other resources available for IUPUC students.
Academic Standing & Progress
- UCOL advisors monitor your academic progress. When you are admitted to University College, you must maintain a 2.0 cumulative minimum grade point average (GPA) to be in good academic standing. For details, review these academic policies. If you are on academic probation, UCOL advisors can help you develop a plan leading to satisfactory standing.
- The academic calendar is an important tool. It lists the dates when you can register for classes in OneStart, the first day of classes, the times you can adjust your schedule by dropping or adding classes, campus holidays and breaks, final exams, and more.