Welcome to IUPUC! We look forward to having you on campus.
All first-time students must attend a new student orientation session before classes begin. The session is your official welcome to IUPUC, where you will meet key faculty and staff and receive important information about campus life. You will learn about the university, campus resources, academic policies, and engage in activities with other new students.
Before your orientation session, you should:
- Complete placement testing as quickly as possible.
- Placement testing must occur BEFORE you meet with your advisor.
- Meet with your academic advisor after placement testing is complete.
To reserve your spot for orientation, please call the University College office at 812.348.7200 two weeks before your first-choice orientation date.
Fall 2014: Timeline for New Students
Congratulations! You have been admitted to IUPUC.
Shortly after you have been notified by the Office of Recruitment & Admissions that you are admitted to IUPUC, you will receive a letter from University College via U.S. mail about required placement testing.
- The letter will include instructions on how to schedule your placement exam(s) and FAQs about the math exam.
- Placement exams are required for all incoming students.
- We encourage you to prepare for placement exams. Results of your placement testing are used by your advisor to help you determine the most appropriate first-semster courses for the degree you seek.
Beginning in April
An orientation packet will be sent to you via U.S. mail beginning in April. This packet will include information about setting up your Indiana University username and passphrase, establishing your IU e-mail account, scheduling an academic advising appointment, and reserving your spot for an upcoming orientation session.
- If you have already taken placement exam(s), call University College at 812.348.7200 to schedule your academic advising appointment and reserve your place at the orientation session of your choice.
- Please have your ten-digit university ID number available when you contact us.
- Review the schedule of classes before meeting with your academic advisor.
IUPUC's new student orientation sessions are offered each month, beginning in May through August.
- You must attend an orientation session in order to start classes at IUPUC.
- The orientation dates and times are included in your packet and on the right side of this page.
- Though not required, you may invite up to two individuals (such as your parents/guardians or a spouse) to join you for your orientation session; there will be special programming for parents.
August 22: Pride Friday
Get excited! Pride Friday is a required kick-off event for first-time IUPUC students. Designed to provide you with valuable tools for making a smooth transition to college life, Pride Friday will be the official beginning of your IUPUC student experience.
- The event will include a new student convocation, a meet-and-greet session with your first-year seminar instructor and classmates, an overview of important academic information from faculty in your degree program, and in-depth sessions about IU technology and college success strategies.
- To end the day, the Office of Student Affairs has planned a special event just for new students like you.
- Stay tuned for more information!
Contact University College at 812.348.7200 or email@example.com if you have questions about placement testing or the new student orientation process.