Resources & Projects
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) at IUPUC offers a variety of resources for students, faculty, staff, and area elementary school educators.
STEM K-3 Mini Conference: February 25, 2014
The STEM K-3 conference was a great success! Thank you to all who participated.
The Center for Teaching and Learning partnered with the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA), Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) and the Department of Natural Resources, in conjuction with Duke Energry Foundation to host the conference. Participants attended sessions addressing science standards for inquiry with young children. They also developed lessons, identified needed resources, and heard from leading STEM educators, including Bill Badders, NSTA president.
Related conference links:
Free upcoming NSTA Web seminars:
- K-2 teachers from the Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation may borrow book boxes containing materials to enhance and supplement classroom book collections.
- The CTL has been involved in providing dictionaries to area third graders for a number of years. Make sure to check on the status of the 2013-14 school year dictionaries.
Diversity in Teaching & Learning
- Explore the Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) Diversity & Learning Web pages to learn about multicultural education and strategies that support the diverse learning needs of students of all ages and backgrounds, including those at IUPUC.
Ellison Die Cuts
- Faculty, staff, and students may use Ellison die cuts housed in the Mildred A. Reeves Center for Education Development and Curriculum Improvement (LC Room 1620). Please provide necessary paper and supplies.
- CTL's Professional Development Lab, located in LC Room 1621-22, is open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Review the list of available software.