We encourage you to apply for all scholarships for which you meet the eligibility criteria. Always apply as early as possible to ensure you receive full consideration for these awards, which are competitive based on the total number of applicants.
Diversity Enhancement Scholarship
IUPUC's Diversity Enhancement Scholarship is made possible thanks to support from donors and friends of the university.
- This is a one-time $1,000 academic year award ($500 in fall and $500 in spring).
- To be eligible, you must be a resident of Indiana, a traditional or nontraditional student of diverse ethnicity and multicultural background, a first-year incoming freshman enrolled full-time with a minimum of 12 credit hours at IUPUC, and enrolled in a degree program that can be completed in its entirety at IUPUC.
- Qualifications exclude transfer credits and returning students.
- Only complete applications received by May 1 will be considered.
Heritage Fund - The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County - Educators for Fair Consideration's "Invest in the Dream Fund" Scholarship
Heritage Fund is offering a competitive scholarship for Latino students who are undocumented immigrants. Please apply if you meet the following criteria:
- High school graduates or received a GED
- Already enrolled at IUPUC
- Undocumented, but have received (or expect to receive soon) a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) certificate from the federal government
- Applications can be requested from and questions answered by Matt Souza at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline March 20, 2015 at 1 p.m.
Early College Scholarship
IUPUC offers $400 scholarships, based on financial need, merit, available funds, and priority to students taking early college courses at the IUPUC campus to high school students admitted into the Early College program. This scholarship is limited to 25 students per semester, one scholarship per student. Criteria include:
- Have a minimum of 3.0 high school cumulative GPA
- You are required to volunteer for a pre-approved campus event during the semester in which you are taking IUPUC courses.
- You must receive a minimum of 3.0 GPA in any course taken at IUPUC previously, if applicable.
- You must apply every semester for which you take Early College courses at IUPUC.
- Applications are due June 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester.
IU Alumni Association Scholarship
If one of your parents is a current (dues paid) member of the IU Alumni Association, you are eligible to apply for a scholarship of up to $1,000.
Student Ambassador Scholarship
If you are selected to serve as an IUPUC Student Ambassador, you will receive a $1,400 scholarship awarded by the Office of Recruitment and Admissions for the academic year. To become a Student Ambassador, you must apply for the position, complete an interview with an admissions staff member, and meet eligibility requirements, including enrollment as a full-time student.
- You must agree to complete a certain number of volunteer hours each semester to receive the award.
- For more information, including an application form and the date by which the completed form is due, contact the Office of Recruitment and Admissions at email@example.com or call 812.348.7390.
Peer Mentor Scholarship
Peer mentors are IUPUC students who co-instruct a first-year seminar with a full-time staff or faculty member. First-year seminars help first-year IUPUC students develop knowledge and skills that help ensure academic success. Serving as a peer mentor is a leadership opportunity that enables you to build lifelong skills like effective communication, collaborative teamwork, group facilitation, and the ability to build positive relationships. If you are selected to serve as a peer mentor, you receive a $700 scholarship per semester of service. Peer mentors are selected annually in the spring, and serve during the following fall semester. To become a peer mentor, you must apply for the position, and complete an interview with a first-year seminar instructor. To be considered, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time IUPUC student
- Have sophomore, junior, or senior class standing
- Have a minimum 2.85 cumulative GPA
NOTE: The due date for fall 2014 applications was February 28, 2014 at 5 p.m. and additional applications are no longer being accepted.
Study Abroad Scholarship
IUPUC offers competitive scholarships up to $1,000 for students who have been accepted for a study abroad program or trip. To be eligible, you must be admitted to IUPUC and be pursuing a degree that can be completed in its entirety at IUPUC, submit a completed application, and provide documentation from your advisor confirming your study abroad experience.
- You must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours if you are an undergraduate student or at least four (4) credit hours if you are a graduate student to be eligible.
- Number of scholarships awarded and amount of awards are determined by the trip organizers and financial aid staff members.
- Application due dates will be determined by the trip organizer and financial aid staff members.
If you are an Ivy Tech Community College graduate with an associate degree (A.A., A.S., or A.A.S.) enrolling at IUPUC for your first undergraduate degree you can apply for a $1,000 Pathway Scholarship if following criteria is met:
- Apply for scholarship before August 1 for fall consideration and December 16 for spring
- Enroll at IUPUC within one year of graduation from Ivy Tech Community College
- Pursuing your first undergraduate degree
- Enroll as a full time student at IUPUC (minimum 12 credit hours per semester)
- Received a minimum of 3.3 cumulative GPA from Ivy Tech
- Enroll in a degree program that can be completed at IUPUC (eligible programs include: business, communication studies, education, English, general studies, mechanical engineering, nursing, psychology, and sociology)
International Student Scholarship
IUPUC offers international students an $8,000 scholarship ($4,000 for fall semester and $4,000 for spring semester) per academic year. To be considered for an international student scholarship at IUPUC, you must:
- Live outside of the United States
- Want to attend IUPUC to earn your first undergraduate degree
- Come to the United States for the sole intention of studying at IUPUC
- Hold a student visa (F or J)
- Be admitted to and enrolled as a full-time IUPUC student
- Naintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA while attending IUPUC