Each year, more than 8,000 undergraduate students complete the intercampus transfer process from one IU campus to another. We can help you transfer from any IU campus to IUPUC and explain how courses you’ve already taken will apply to degree programs in Columbus.
Please review our degree programs and determine if one of them is a good fit for your educational and career goals. To ensure a smooth transfer experience, research your options and submit an intercampus transfer as soon as you know you want to make a change.
To submit an intercampus transfer, you must be admitted to any Indiana University campus as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
- Ensure you meet IUPUC admission standards before applying for the transfer. You must be in good standing with a cumulative IU grade point average of 2.00 or higher.
- If you were a degree-seeking student on another IU campus but did not complete your bachelor’s degree (or if you have attended another institution since the last time you attended IU), you are considered a permanent intercampus transfer student.
- If you want to transfer to IUPUC as a visiting student for a semester (for example, to take summer classes) and then return to your home campus, you are considered a temporary (or visiting) intercampus transfer student.
- If you are not a degree-seeking student, or if you have visiting student status, you are not eligible for intercampus transfer.
- Contact us to inquire about transfer requirements and deadlines.
STEP 1: Apply for an Intercampus Transfer
STEP 2: Apply for Financial Aid
STEP 3: Waiting for Admission Decision
- If you are a current IU student, you can monitor the status of your transfer application on OneStart.
- You may also email or call the Office of Admissions to check your application status.
STEP 4: After Admission
- Contact University College at email@example.com or 812.348.7271 for next steps, including the name of your academic advisor, information about any required placement testing, and student orientation.
- You may need to take placement tests unless you transfer existing math credits to IUPUC. Complete placement testing as soon as possible, if required.
- Meet with your academic advisor.
- Register for classes via OneStart.