Tuition Due Dates
Student tuition bills are distributed by e-mail. Billing statements are sent to your Indiana University e-mail account on a regular monthly schedule. You (and designated third parties like your parents) can check the balance of your account, current bill, and billing history online by logging into One.IU.
Personal Deferment Option
The Personal Deferment Option (PDO) is available to students whose bursar accounts are in good standing. PDO allows current term charges to be paid in multiple installments, depending on when you register for classes. If you are eligible, a Deferment Amount will be indicated on your bill. Most tuition and fees are eligible for the deferment option; however repayments of short term loans and refunds are due in full.
To use the PDO:
- Pay the Deferment Amount shown on your bill by the due date.
- This payment indicates you are participating in the PDO and want to defer a portion of your balance until the next billing cycle.
- Understand that if you pay an amount other than the Deferment Amount, you are telling us that you do not wish to participate in the PDO for that semester.
- In this case, you must pay the Total Due on your bill to keep your bursar account current and prevent a late payment fee.
- PDO is not offered on a past due balance. Any past due charge will be included in the Deferment Amount at 100% - no partial payment is available.
- Late payment fees are not waived and the PDO is not reinstated for students who do not pay one of the two stated amounts on their bill.
- PDO will be reinstated for the next term if your bursar account is brought current prior to the first bill of term.
Bursar bills are due on the 10th of each month. Below is a list of due date months by term and approximate deferment percentages by term.
||defer 75% of current term charges for a $15 deferment fee
||defer 66% of current term charges for a $15 deferment fee
||defer 50% of current term charges for a $15 deferment fee
||balance due in full