Excellence in Leadership Initiative
The Excellence in Leadership Initiative (ELI) is an opportunity for you to explore and expand your personal leadership skills and experiences. This year-long IUPUC program spans the fall and spring semesters, giving you the ability to customize your experience.
In addition, the ELI program will help you learn from and build upon each level of your student involvement, like participation in student organizations, campus employment, leadership courses, and community service projects.
To successfully complete the ELI program, you should:
- Complete the ELI Enrollment Form
- Have and/or maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- If you do not begin the program with the required GPA, you may appeal to the director of student affairs and agree to utilize Academic Resource Center (ARC) tutoring services.
- The required GPA must be attained prior to completion of the program in order for you receive an ELI certificate of completion.
- Complete required number of leadership education experiences (NOTE: You must complete some combination of two out of the three experiences below)
- Attend five (5) guest lectures and/or leadership workshops presented on campus. Selected events must be approved by the director of student affairs.
- Complete academic coursework (at least 3 credits) focused on leadership. In order for the course to be counted toward this program, the student must earn a grade of C+ or better.
- Attend one (1) leadership conference or seminar. Selected conference/seminar must be approved by the director of student affairs.
- Leadership mentoring
- You must identify a faculty/staff mentor and meet with that mentor at least three (3) times during the year.
- Community service experience
- Volunteering for service hours (at least 30 hours during the year) or
- Assist with planning and coordinating one (1) service project
- Practical leadership experiences (complete one of the following)
- Plan IUPUC student organization projects and events
- Coordinate IUPUC student employment projects and events
- Co-ops, internships, and practicum projects and events
If you complete the program requirements above, you will be awarded a “Certificate of Leadership” from the Office of Student Affairs. Submit your application today! For more information, please contact:
- Sandra Miles, Ph.D.
Director, Office of Student Affairs
Office: LC Room 1205
Phone: 812.375.7525 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org