The Faculty Senate’s Nominations Committee assists the vice chancellor and other university leaders in selecting faculty to serve on various administrative committees.
The committee’s charge includes:
- Assisting the vice chancellor and dean in selecting faculty to serve on administrative committees.
- Nominating faculty members for positions including faculty president, IUPUC representative on the IUPUI Faculty Council, and the Nominations Committee.
- Establishing election procedures and certifying results to the senate and the faculty.
- Soliciting from each academic division the names of faculty nominated for membership on the Unit Promotion and Tenure Board, the Grievance Board, the Academic Affairs Committee, the Budgetary & Resources Policy Committee, the Nominations Committee, the faculty members of the Student Affairs Committee, and the Constitution & Bylaws Committee.
- Nominating faculty members to serve as chairs of standing committees for election by the senate, as provided in Section V, C through F, of these bylaws.
- Maintaining records of membership of faculty boards and committees, and establish patterns of rotation of terms.
- Soliciting from the faculty information concerning faculty preferences and qualifications for committee assignments.
- Verifying in every case that any nomination is made with the prior consent of the person(s) nominated.
The Nominations Committee follows an established procedural timeline for campus elections.
Contact Jennifer Conner-Zachocki
, chair of the Nominations Committee, for more information about nominations.
Note: You may need to use Internet Explorer 7.0 or newer, Firefox 3.0 or newer, or Safari 4.0 or newer to access the document library.