The Center for Business and Economic Development (CBED) at IUPUC is dedicated to enhancing the economic growth of south central Indiana through:
- Strengthening professional development and management performance
- Solving business and organizational problems
- Identifying and fulfilling business needs
CBED serves as a single point of contact for corporate executives, small business owners, entrepreneurs, elected officials, civic and nonprofit leaders, and others who need the academic expertise, services, and resources that IUPUC has to offer.
Through a multidisciplinary approach, we work with large and small organizations to develop customized educational programs and devise business-driven solutions that are based on best management practices and aligned with your unique needs.
We ensure your business or organization is well-positioned to meet and exceed its goals by:
- Implementing educational programs designed to improve professional development and workplace skills
- Facilitating joint research projects by applying high-level resources with faculty, staff, and students
- Supporting company growth—from start-up ventures to large corporations
Tools That Take Your Business to the Next Level
We specialize in personal/professional development, promoting business partnerships, supporting entrepreneurs, community development, and more. Examples include:
- Custom, industry-specific educational programs taught at your location or on our campus
- Open enrollment, non-credit courses, including professional development seminars and management/supervisory training
- Business and academic consultants to help you with business and strategic planning, improve your existing processes and procedures, and engage in joint research and analysis projects
- Internship and job postings through our Office of Career Services, providing you with access to motivated, well-prepared students and graduates
- Work-life and quality of life programming, including classes on stress management, English as a second language, planning for retirement, health and wellness seminars, art appreciation, and other topics of your choosing
- Faculty and staff with expertise in specific topics or disciplines who can serve as guest speakers and professional facilitators for your civic or business functions
CBED also partners with groups like local and regional chambers of commerce, angel investors, entrepreneurs, and others to develop resources, educational programs, and tools needed to address start-up challenges.
View our LinkedIn group: Management Development Series