The knowledgeable, friendly staff in the Office of Recruitment & Admissions will guide you through the admission process.
When you have decided IUPUC is the right university for you, the first step is to apply for admission and ensure your application materials, including transcripts and the application fee, are complete.
Who Can Apply
Nearly 2,300 full-time and part-time students of all ages and backgrounds take classes at IUPUC each year. They range from high school students pursuing early college credit to recent high school graduates and young adults who have been out of high school for a few years. Some have been out of high school for several years and are working adults with children at home. A growing number of them are active-duty military personnel or veterans. Others may be international students.
Students at IUPUC can pursue first or second bachelor degrees or a master's degree. In addition, students may take courses on a topic of personal interest without planning to pursue a degree.
When to Apply
Apply for admission as early as possible. If you are a current high school student, you may apply after your junior year. Applications are processed as they are received. Please allow three weeks for processing after all materials are submitted.
For priority admission consideration, please submit your application, SAT/ACT scores, and all transcripts by these dates.
- Fall semester: July 15
- Summer session I: April 1
- Summer session II: May 15
STEP 1: Apply for Admission
You have three options to apply for admission:
- Apply online.
- Download a paper application.
- Contact us at 812.348.7390 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application packet.
Include your one-time, non-refundable $50 application fee.
For more details, please choose the category that best describes you:
STEP 2: Apply for Financial Aid
STEP 3: Waiting for the Admission Decision
- You can check the status of your application through OneStart. Create a guest account and click the “Self Service” tab.
- You may also email or call the Office of Admissions to check your application status.
STEP 4: After Admission
- You will receive a letter notifying you of the admission decision. If accepted, the letter will contain your student ID number and other information.
- Once you receive your student ID number, establish your IU technology accounts.
- Contact University College at email@example.com or 812.348.7200 for next steps, including the name of your academic advisor, information about any required placement testing, and student orientation.
- Complete placement testing if indicated.
- Attend a new student orientation session as soon as possible.
- Meet with your academic advisor.
- Register for classes via OneStart.