The Edna V. Folger Outstanding Teacher Award, given by the Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) at IUPUC in partnership with the Community Education Coalition and Faurecia, recognizes teachers who are role models for other members of the profession.
The purpose of this annual award is to renew awareness of the immeasurable influence teachers have on students and to recognize the traditional image of the teacher as a community role model.
It is presented to full-time, elementary or secondary classroom teachers working in a Bartholomew County public, private, or parochial school.
Contact the Center for Teaching & Learning at IUPUC for complete details, including nomination instructions and due dates.
In general, nominations should include why the nominee has gone above and beyond the expectations of a good teacher based on his or her:
- Dedication to the profession
- Ability to motivate students
- Teaching competency and ability
- Innovation in curriculum or style of teaching
- Relationship to students, parents, and peers
- Example as a community role model
- Other contributions