IUPUC values excellence in the classroom and acknowledges one outstanding full-time faculty educator each year.
The 2018 recipient of the Outstanding Full-Time Faculty Teaching Award is Lewis 'Terry' Dibble from the Division of Liberal Arts.
All full-time IUPUC faculty members who satisfy the following criteria are eligible for this award:
- Currently teaching at least six credit hours
- Taught at least six credit hours in the previous semester
- Has taught at least four consecutive semesters at IUPUC
- Nominations from Primary Peer Committees are due to the associate dean for academic affairs four weeks after the Faculty Annual Review (FAR) due date.
- Nominations from the Faculty Awards Committee are due in the vice chancellor’s office on the deadline posted annually by vice chancellor and dean.
Examples of Outstanding Teaching
- History of successful student interaction through mentoring, civic engagement, or service learning
- Works co-published with IUPUC students
- Publication of articles or books about teaching
- Awards contributing to teaching from a regional, national, or professional association
- Grants, internal or external, related to teaching
- Teaching-related presentations at professional conferences
- Scholarship of teaching and learning presentations at professional conferences, within the university, or in the community
- Leadership role in support of excellence in teaching
- Student course evaluation scores