I have been at IUPUC since 1995, beginning as lecturer in accounting, and in 2001 I became clinical assistant professor after completing my doctorate. I have interests in the areas of managerial decision making and the use of accounting information in decision making, ethics and regulation in accounting and business, and accounting education. I also am involved in the IU MBA program at IUPUC.
- B.A. in Clinical Psychology (1977), Purdue University
- B.S. in Accounting (1986), Purdue University
- Ph.D. in Accounting (2001), Purdue University
- American Accounting Association
- Institute of Management Accountants
- BUS-A 201 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- BUS-A 202 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- BUS-A 305 Accounting for Small and Medium Enterprises
- BUS-A 311 Intermediate Accounting I
- BUS-A 312 Intermediate Accounting II
- BUS-A 328 Introduction to Taxation
- BUS-A 335 Accounting for Government and Not-for-Profit Enterprises
- BUS-A 337 Accounting Information Systems
- BUS-A 380 Professional Practice in Accounting
- BUS-A 422 Advanced Financial Accounting
- BUS-A 424 Auditing
- BUS-A 437 Advanced Managerial Accounting
- BUS-A 490 Independent Study in Accounting
- BUCO-A 501 Introduction to Financial Accounting (MBA prerequisite)
- BUCO-K 501 Introduction to Statistics in Business and Economics (MBA prerequisite)
- BUCO-A 524 Managing Accounting Information for Decision Making (MBA)
Administrative & Service Responsibilities
I assist the division’s coordinator of admissions and advising with administrative and policy details and as an academic advisor for the division, advising new and continuing students. I represent the Division of Business as a senator in the IUPUC Faculty Senate, and I serve on the IUPUC Faculty Affairs Committee, IUPUC Information Technology Advisory Committee, and IUPUC Grievance Board. I have served on divisional search and screen committees, and have chaired a number of director-level staff search and screen committees. In the past I have been chair of the IUPUC Academic Council (the predecessor to the IUPUC Faculty Senate), and have chaired the IUPUC Academic Affairs Committee.
I am currently working with IUPUC colleague Larita Killian, Ed.D., on the application of Fink’s Significant Learning paradigm in accounting education.
Brandon, C. Testing the Health of Your Business: Part 1. The Business Connection, November 2008.
Brandon, C. Testing the Health of Your Business: Part 2. The Business Connection, December 2008.