When you are nearly finished with your general education courses, or if you are a transfer student, you may apply for admission to IUPUC’s Teacher Education Program (TEP) and begin your professional education and training.
The TEP is a cohort-based experience, so you progress through the program with a group of your peers, forming tight-knit bonds that will last throughout your career.
To be admitted, you must meet basic eligibility criteria and complete these step-by-step instructions. Depending on when you are admitted, you will be assigned to Block I for either the fall or spring semester.
Application Due Dates
- To join the cohort beginning in the SPRING, apply for TEP admission by October 7 during the preceding fall.
- To join the cohort beginning in the FALL, apply for TEP admission by March 7 during the preceding spring.
We begin reviewing TEP admisison applications on the first business day after the due date.
- Admission to the TEP is competitive.
- Applications are accepted until all available spots are filled.
If there are more applicants than available space, your application will be ranked by GPA and completion of prerequisites and other requirements. Meeting GPA and other requirements means you will be considered for but not guaranteed admission.
To apply for admission to the TEP, you must:
- Be an admitted IUPUC student. Learn how to apply.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Complete, or be enrolled in, all prerequisite classes at the time of application. All prerequisites must be completed with a grade of C or better; a C– or lower is not acceptable. See the appropriate degree requirements checklist located at the bottom of the page.
- Provide documentation of passing academic skills test information to the Division of Education (only one of the following is needed):
- SAT: Combined Score of Math + Verbal that is 1100 or greater.
- ACT: Composite Score of 24 or greater.
- PRAXIS I (PPST): Test must have been completed PRIOR to June 30, 2013.
- Indiana Core Academic Skills Assessment (CASA) scores.
- Complete the online TEP application.
- Submit a $20 non-refundable application fee to IUPUC’s Office of Bursar Services. Please bring your receipt to the Division of Education so we can attach it to your application materials.
You will be notified via e-mail if required application materials are missing. If you are notified you do not meet the admission criteria, contact the Division of Education and provide documentation or fulfill any missing admission requirements.
Notification of Admission
If your application is complete and you can be conditionally or unconditionally admitted to the TEP, you will be notified by a letter of admission delivered via U.S. mail.
Once admitted, you must complete an Indiana limited criminal history check and submit the results to the Division of Education (CC Room 155) for your academic file.
- For fall Block I, criminal history checks must be dated between August 1 and August 15.
- For spring Block I, criminal history checks must be dated between December 1 and December 15.
Schools used for field placements and student teaching require that a current criminal history check for all TEP students be on file.
We are not responsible for disruptions to your studies or ability to complete program requirements due to the decisions of schools regarding your placement based on the results of your criminal history check.