Bachelor of Science in Nursing
With a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from the Indiana University School of Nursing at IUPUC, you will play a critical role in meeting current and future health needs in your community.
You will receive a comprehensive academic foundation in the sciences and humanities that will prepare you well for the nursing role of your choice.
You will also complete coursework emphasizing health promotion, disease prevention, health restoration, and health maintenance. The curriculum reflects the current trends in health care, focusing on wellness/illness concepts and the delivery of care in both hospital and community-based settings.
As a candidate for the BSN degree, you must:
- Complete 120 credit hours (minimum) that apply to the degree. Credit hour requirements may vary slightly among the IUPUI, IU Bloomington, and IUPUC campuses. Credit earned in remedial courses or courses that have been repeated do not apply toward the degree.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of C (2.0).
- Achieve a grade of C (2.0) or higher in each required course or its equivalent.
- Correct all incomplete, deferred, and/or special credit grades in nursing courses no later than three weeks before the end of your last semester before graduation.
- Complete all coursework within six years after enrolling in required courses for the nursing major.
- Complete a minimum of 51 percent of courses in the nursing major on the IU campus that will grant the degree.
- Complete an intent to graduate application at the beginning of the final semester.
We understand the cost of earning a bachelor’s degree may be a concern, so we have developed an academic plan to help you stay on track so you will graduate on time and within your budget.
Our four-year academic plan for BSN students outlines a path for completing the BSN degree requirements in four years. If you have already completed courses toward other majors, if you are a transfer or part-time student, or if you are required to enroll in developmental coursework (i.e., English composition, math, and/or chemistry), you may need more than four years to finish the BSN degree.