Welcome to IUPUC! We look forward to having you on campus.
All first-time students MUST ATTEND a new student orientation session before classes begin. The session is your official welcome to IUPUC, where you will receive important information about campus life. You will learn about the university, campus resources, academic policies, meet key faculty and staff, and engage in activities with other new students.
Before your orientation session, you should:
- Complete placement testing as quickly as possible.
- Placement testing must occur BEFORE you meet with your advisor.
- Meet with your academic advisor after placement testing is complete.
To reserve your spot for orientation, please register for NSO two weeks before your first-choice orientation date.
Fall 2016: Timeline for New and Transfer Students
After receiving notification from our admissions office that you are admitted to IUPUC, you will receive a letter via U.S. mail from University College about required placement testing.
- Placement exams are required for most incoming students.
- The letter will include instructions on how to schedule your placement exam(s) and information about the math exam.
- You must set-up your IU Username and Passphrase 24 hours prior to taking your placement exams.
- We encourage you to prepare for placement exams. Results of your placement testing are used by your advisor to help you determine the most appropriate first-semester courses for the degree you seek.
Beginning in February
An orientation packet will be sent to you via U.S. mail beginning in February. This packet will include information about setting up your Indiana University username and passphrase, establishing your IU e-mail account, scheduling an academic advising appointment, and reserving your spot for an upcoming orientation session.
- If you have already taken placement exam(s), call University College at 812.348.7200 to schedule your academic advising appointment and reserve your place at the orientation session of your choice.
- Please have your ten-digit university ID number available when you contact us.
- Review the schedule of classes before meeting with your academic advisor.
Beginning in June
IUPUC's new and transfer student orientations sessions are offered.
- Beginning students must attend an orientation session to begin classes at IUPUC.
- It is highly recommended that transfer students attend an orientation session prior to beginning classes.
- The orientation dates and times are included in your packet and on the right side of this page.
- Though not required, you may invite one individual (such as your parent/guardian or a spouse) to join you for your orientation session; there will be special programming for parents and family members.
- Students and their guests will have different agendas for the day; please view the sample student agenda and sample parent/family agenda prior to attending New Student Orientation.
Contact University College at 812.348.7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about placement testing or the new student orientation process.