To create your computing account, you’ll need your University ID number, which was included in your letter of admission.
Creating your IU computing account
If you already have a computing account, you can follow the prompts to create your IU email account.
- Search for and select “Create My First IU Account” in One.IU.
- Read the Guidelines for Appropriate Usage, which are rules and policies for IT account use at IU, and agree to these policies.
- Enroll in the Passphrase Self-Service Reset System. If you forget your passphrase, this tool will enable you to reset it yourself without having to visit a UITS Support Center walk-in location in person.
- You will want to save or record your account information in a secure place. You will need this information each time you log into your IU computing account.
- Exit. It may take up to two hours before you can log into some services.
If you have ever previously been enrolled in or participated in a program at any IU campus and were given a 10-digit University ID number or IU username, you will use the same ID number or username and follow these steps to set up your IU computing account.
If you have forgotten your IU username, contact the UITS team.