Placement testing guidelines
The Placement Testing Center at IUPUC delivers secure, confidential, and efficient math and Spanish placement testing services. If you are a new IUPUC student who needs placement testing, you must complete the testing before you can register for classes. If you have questions about these guidelines or the testing process, please let us know.
- You must present a valid photo ID when you report for your test. Expired IDs are not valid. We accept these forms of identification: current driver’s license, state issued ID card, IUPUC student ID, current alien registration passport, or military ID. You may not complete placement testing without proper identification.
- Any personal items not specifically required to complete your placement testing (including notes, books, purses, calculators and/or cell phones) will be placed in a storage container in the testing room. Cell phones, pagers, and all other electronic devices must be turned off. Cell phone calculators are not allowed in the testing room. The Placement Testing Center assumes no responsibility for personal belongings.
- Placement testing personnel are present and will monitor your work as you complete the exam. Academic dishonesty in placement testing is not tolerated. All cases of academic dishonesty and misconduct will be reported to University College and the dean of students.
- You will be assigned a space to complete your exam but may be moved at any time at the discretion of testing center personnel.
- Once you begin testing, you must complete it in one sitting unless otherwise indicated by you proctor. You may not leave the room unless you have requested special accomodations.
- You must complete your testing independently and complete your own work.
- Respect the needs of your fellow students by remaining quiet during your exam. No phone calls are allowed while taking an exam. Food and drinks are not allowed in the testing room.
- Only admitted IUPUC students taking placement exams are allowed in the testing center. Sorry, but we cannot accomodate children or pets.
- Staff are authorized to end a testing session if you fail to follow directions and procedures.
- When you complete the testing, all exam materials (including any scratch paper you may use), must be presented to placement center staff. You may not leave with notes or any portion of the exam.
- All exams are collected at closing time, even if not complete. It is your responsibility to ensure you haveenough time to complete the exam.
- If you have any questions or concerns before, during, or after your exam, please notify Testing Center personnel.