All IUPUC students who have previously taken Spanish in high school or have previous experience with Spanish are eligible to take the Spanish Placement Test. The test is designed to help students and their advisors identify the course most appropriate for the student’s current skill level in Spanish.
You must receive approval from your advisor before taking the test. Please wait approximately 24 hours after receiving permission before logging in and taking the test.
The test is available online and is accessible via the IUPUI Placement Testing Center Web site. When taking the test, keep the following in mind:
- You will need your IU Username and Passphrase in order to sign in to the test.
- You have approximately 60 minutes to complete the test, and it must be completed in one sitting.
- While you are permitted to take the test online from the location of your choice, you do have the option of taking the test at the IUPUC testing center. To schedule a testing time, go to www.iupuc.edu/testing.
- Before beginning the test, you will be required to check four boxes to indicate that you agree with the terms provided. The final box references a $50 fee for taking the test; this does not apply to IUPUC students – you will not be charged this fee.
- If you have any questions or concerns contact your academic advisor.
Click HERE to access the Spanish Placement Test.