Required documents

You must submit official transcripts, including work already completed and work currently in progress. The records should show a complete list of courses taken, grades received and any diplomas or certificates earned. Transcripts should also indicate the number of credits awarded for each course or the number of hours of classroom, lecture, and laboratory and include information about the school's grading scale.

Records are considered official if the issuing institution sends them directly to IUPUC. Course work from one institution reported as transfer credit on another school's transcript is not an official transcript.

If you are currently enrolled, submit current transcripts showing all work completed. Send final transcripts reflecting all work completed as soon as they become available.

When the issuing school will not send the transcripts directly to IUPUC you may send an unaltered photocopy, certified by an appropriate official, directly with your application. These documents must be issued on official stationery with an original ink stamp or raised seal and the original signature of the principal, registrar, or other officer. In cases where the local, state, or national government keeps educational records, the original signature of an appropriate officer and/or the raised seal or ink stamp of the appropriate agency will constitute official certification. Certification by a public notary is not acceptable. IUPUC may contact the issuing school or government agency to verify the authenticity of documents.

Credential evaluations completed by private agencies (i.e., Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. or Foundation for Educational Services) are not considered official transcripts or diploma substitutes.

If the original documents are not in English, a verified translation must be sent with your official transcripts in your native language.

Financial Support Agreement

If you are requesting an I-20 in order to obtain a student visa, you must submit financial documentation verifying your ability to pay your tuition and living expenses.

Download and complete the Financial Instructions and attached Graduate Financial Support Agreement  or Undergraduate Financial Support Agreement and the review the Financial Information for Graduate and Professional International Students for your first year of study at IUPUC. The forms explain the estimated expenses for which you will be responsible as well as the financial documentation requirements that need to be met to receive an I-20 or DS-2019, the Certificate of Eligibility for an F-1 or J-1 Student Visa.