If you have served your country—or if you are a current active-duty member of the U.S. armed forces—talk to us about earning an Indiana University or Purdue University degree. Our welcoming Columbus campus is a short drive from, Indianapolis, Camp Atterbury, and Muscatatuck Urban Training Center.

With online, hybrid, off-site, evening, and day classes offered year-round, earning a degree at IUPUC is flexible and convenient. In addition, you’ll enjoy small class sizes and one-on-one attention from faculty and staff who care about helping you succeed.

Many veterans, current members of the military, and spouses and children of disabled or deceased veterans may qualify for federal educational benefits from the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). Take advantage of the Post 9/11 GI Bill and other VA educational benefits to which you are entitled!

Review our list of degree programs and determine if one of them is a good fit for your career goals.

Let's get started

Following the steps below will ensure that you get the maximum amount of aid for funding your education.

You have two options to apply for admission:

  • Apply online
  • If you prefer to submit a hard copy of your application, you may complete an application at our campus or you may request a PDF version by emailing

For priority admission consideration, please submit your application and all transcripts by these dates:

  • Fall semester: July 15
  • Spring semester: December 15
  • Summer session I: April 1
  • Summer session II: May 15

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, is a form that determines your eligibility for low- or no-interest student loans as well as grants at the federal and state level. Completing this form will ensure you receive the maximum financial aid, even if you plan on using veterans education benefits. The most potential aid is given to students who complete the form before March 1. Visit the FAFSA Web site to fill out and submit the application.

Your military training may equate to academic credit at IUPUC. If you are using VA Education Benefits you are required to provide copies of your military transcripts and your DD214 discharge documents to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions. All documents can be emailed to or mailed to:

Office of Recruitment and Admissions
Indiana University–Purdue University Columbus (IUPUC)
4601 Central Avenue
Columbus, IN 47203-1769

Use the following resources to request your military transcript:

Visit the official GI Bill® website to go through a step-by-step process to get an idea of what benefits are best for you, or contact us and we can guide you through the process. Please complete one of the following forms:

  • VA Form 22-1990: Initial Application for Education Benefits for military members or veterans (MGIB-CH30, Post 9/11-CH33, MGIBSR-CH1606, REAP-CH1607)
  • VA Form 22-1995: Change in Program/Place of Training, for those who have used the GI Bill at another institution
  • VA Form 22-1990e: For dependents to whom Post 9/11 GI Bill eligibility has been transferred
  • VA Form 22-5490: For children of disabled veterans applying initially for the Dependent Education Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
  • VA Form 22-5495: Change of Place of Training, for those who have used Chapter 35 benefits at another institution

If you are the child of an Indiana veteran with any level disability rating, you may be eligible for the Indiana Remission of Fees for the Child of a Disabled Veteran.The state also offers a fee remission for Indiana veterans who have been awarded the Purple Heart. Applications for both of these programs are available through the Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs.

After the application form is approved by the Indiana DVA, it should be forwarded to:

Office of Registrar Services
Indiana University–Purdue University Columbus (IUPUC)
4601 Central Avenue
Columbus, IN 47203

Most importantly, you must visit Veterans Support Services to complete registration in-processing for using your VA education benefits at IUPUC. We are located in the CC Building at the address below:

Indiana University–Purdue University Columbus (IUPUC)
4601 Central Avenue
Columbus, IN 47203

You can also contact Cynthia Scott, school certifying official, by calling 812.348.7319 or email

Please note: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at

Admitted students

Here are a few checklist items to begin your life changing journey at IUPUC.