The Division of Liberal Arts, in partnership with the Traylor Writing Services Center, hosts an annual creative writing contest. The contest winner receives a $1,000 Robert G. Traylor Scholarship good toward tuition expenses at IUPUC for the fall semester. Acceptable genres for contest entries include: fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, short story, novel excerpt, short shorts, flash fiction, memoir, and multimedia works.
2016 Scholarship at a glance:
- Award amount: $1,000
- Application timeline: Wednesday, January 20 through Monday, February 29
- Winner to be announced: Friday, March 11
- Current IUPUC student taking 9+ credit hours
- Enrolling in fall 2016-17 courses
Submitting your creative writing
To enter the creative writing contest please submit the following documents to the Division of Liberal Arts. You can email your submission to Vicki Kruse at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include "IUPUC Liberal Arts Creative Writing Contest" in the subject line).
- Title page: Single page including your name, major, student ID number, title of work, date of submission, street address, email, phone number, and relevant personal URLs.
- 100-word biography written in third person
- 15-30 pages of original creative manuscript in Microsoft Word.
Style is in Times New Roman, double-spaced, 12-point font, one-inch margins, page numbers, and no identifying information.
For more information, please contact Dr. Katherine V. Wills at email@example.com or call 812.348.7215.
Note: this contest is not part of the IUPUC Donor Funded Scholarship application process.