Transfer students

If you are transferring to IUPUC from another IU campus, or another college or university, contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for more information. We can help you ensure your aid transfers with you!

Eligibility Criteria

  • If you are taking classes at IUPUC and plan to earn your degree from IUPUC, your federal and state financial aid will transfer.
  • If you are taking classes at IUPUC but plan to earn a degree from another university, you do not qualify for financial aid.

Transferring Your Aid

Follow these steps to transfer your financial aid. If you need assistance, please contact us. We are happy to help!

  1. You must have first completed the FAFSA. When you have a Student Aid Report (SAR), you can then change the school you have listed on your FAFSA.
  2. Add IUPUC to your FAFSA. The school code is E01033.
  3. If you receive state aid, go to the Division of Student Financial Aid (SFA) Web site to transfer it to IUPUC.
  4. Click “eStudent” and change your school of choice to IUPUC.
  5. Allow 3–4 weeks for this process.
  6. You must be enrolled in at least 12 credits to quality for most state aid.
  7. Remember to transfer aid if you are the child or spouse of a disabled Indiana veteran.
  8. If you are receiving aid from your previous school, cancel the disbursements. You may not receive aid from two schools simultaneously. Failure to cancel these payouts will delay the process.
  9. If you have private student loans to pay tuition at your previous school, cancel outstanding disbursements and reapply for a new loan to pay your IUPUC tuition.
  10. If you have received scholarships from private donors, like charitable organizations or community foundations, contact them to inform them that IUPUC is your new school of choice.

Additional Information

If you are temporarily attending IUPUC and plan to return to your home university, contact that university to discuss your options.

We use the most recent information about available funds you have previously received. If that information is later updated to reflect additional awards, a corresponding reduction to your IUPUC aid package is required. If the change occurs after funds have disbursed to your account, it could result in an outstanding balance due to IUPUC.

Eligibility for spring and summer aid may be dependent on awards received for the same aid year at your previous school. All awards received in the same aid year will be considered to ensure you do not exceed the maximum amount allowable by law.