Work Study

More Information


The Federal Student Aid website contains more information about:

  • How much you can earn
  • How you will be paid
  • Number of hours that can be worked

At IUPUC, work-study undergraduate students are paid biweekly and graduate students are paid monthly according to the university’s payroll schedule.

You will be paid via direct deposit or check.

If you are an undergraduate or graduate student with financial need, Federal Work-Study (FWS) can help you find part-time, on- or off-campus employment (at approved non-profit organizations) to pay for your college expenses.

FWS encourages community service and work related to your program of study. Positions are available to full-time and part-time students at IUPUC in a number of university offices and off-campus at approved nonprofit and government agencies. Students usually work about 15 to 20 hours per week. Hourly pay rates vary depending on job responsibilities and skill level required.

To find out what work-study jobs are available to IUPUC students, contact theOffice of Career Services.


To receive full consideration for financial aid of any type, always complete theFAFSA as soon as possible after January 1 each year. To receive full consideration for a FWS job, you must complete and submit the FAFSA by March 10.

  • If you are a beginning freshman  and want to be considered for a work-study job, you must indicate that on the FAFSA.
  • If you are a continuing student, new FWS awards will be based on your participation the previous year and on your continued eligibility based on your need.
  • Undergraduates must be enrolled in at least six credit hours (four for graduate students) each semester to maintain FWS eligibility during the fall and spring semesters.
  • For more information about FWS, contact us.
  • If you have been approved for FWS and want to learn what jobs are available, contact the Office of Career Services.