Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt with 24 years of experience in industry leading medical device, automotive, and security products companies, 7 years of experience running my own Analytics & Innovation training and consulting business and 4 years full-time University teaching experience (Organizational Leadership, Supply Chain Management, and Industrial Engineering Technology). Work experience includes 14 years of Lean Six Sigma project work, teaching and mentoring. I have also designed and delivered corporate training on quality and productivity improvements to over 50 companies across 4 continents. Previous teaching experience includes 6 years of part-time teaching and 4 years of full-time teaching for Purdue University.
- 2013 Ph.D. Technology Leadership & Innovation, Purdue University
- 2008 M.S. Technology, Purdue University
- 1988 B.S. Electrical Engineering Technology, Purdue University
- Complex Systems
- Industrial Organization
- Project Management
- Quality & Productivity
- Supply Chain Management
- Design Thinking
- Organizational Leadership
- University Collaboration with the Department of Transportation to Improve Operational Efficiency (ASEE conference proceedings. Citation not yet available), 2018.
- University Engagement: Innovating the Approach to Innovating and Intrapreneurship in Enterprises, 2017, ICERI2017 Proceedings, pp. 5551-5555.
- Teaching an Entrepreneurial Perspective in the Public Sector - Collaboration Experiences with the Dept. of Transportation, INTED2017 Proceedings, 2017, pp. 5470-5473
- “Final Exams Vs Final Assessments - Innovative Approaches to Measure a Student's Ability to Apply Concepts and Techniques to Real World Situations,” INTED2017 Proceedings, 2017, pp. 5568-5572.
- “INDOT-JTRP LPA Process Improvement,” (Indiana Department of Transportation and Purdue University) SPR-3823, 2016.
- “Seal Coat Productivity”, Joint Transportation Research Program (Indiana Department of Transportation and Purdue University) SPR-3753, 2014.
- “Striping Truck Utilization at Crawfordsville and Greenfield”, Joint Transportation Research Program (Indiana Department of Transportation and Purdue University) SPR-3722, 2014.
- “Does This Org Chart Make My Department Look Fat?”, Quality Digest, 2010.
Presentations (last five years)
- “Using Analytics to Predict Market Demand for New Products,” American Society for Quality Innovation Division (online webinar), 2018.
- “From Contract Consultant to Trusted Advisor: Relationship Development” Polytechnic Summit (Lima, Peru), Indiana Department of Transportation, 2018.
- “Results of LEAN training with the Indiana Department of Transportation,” Joint Transportation Research Program’s Road School, West Lafayette, IN, 2018.
- “An Analysis of Crowd Sourced Innovation Funding Trends as a Proxy of Market Demand,” 2017 Asia Pacific Innovation Conference, Wellington, New Zealand.
- “University Engagement: Innovating the Approach to Innovating and Intrapreneurship in Enterprises,” * 2017 International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation, (Virtual Presentation).
- “Using Data Analytics to Predict Market Pull for Innovation,” 2017 American Society for Quality, Dayton, OH.
- “Strength Comparisons of Common (and uncommon) 3D Printing Filaments,” * 2017 3D Construct Digital Fabrication Conference, Duke University, Durham, NC.
- “Final Exams vs Final Assessments: Innovative Approaches to Measure a Student’s Ability to Apply Concepts and Techniques to Real World Situations,” * 2017 International Academy of Technology, Education, and Development, Valencia, Spain.
- “3D Printing of Medical Devices,” 2016 Association for GXP Excellence, Annapolis, MD.
- “Mobile Biometrics & Law Enforcement,” 2016 Electronic Frontiers Forum, Atlanta, GA.
- “Innovation Processes in the U.S. Healthcare System,” 2016 ASQ Central Indiana Section, Columbus, IN.
- “Effective Audience Engagement for Risk Management Training,” 2015 Association for GXP Excellence, Annapolis, MD.
- “Surveillance Technologies and Your Privacy,” 2015 Electronic Frontiers Forum, Atlanta, GA.