Serving as a peer mentor at IUPUC is a great leadership opportunity that will help you build lifelong skills such as effective interpersonal communication, collaboration and teamwork, small group facilitation, and relationship building—all of which are skills that are highly desired by your future employers.
By serving as a peer mentor, you will:
- Enhance your communication and facilitation skills
- Establish positive working relationships with IUPUC students, faculty, and staff
- Articulate your values, beliefs, strengths, and challenges
- Identify transferrable skills that align with your personal and professional goals
- Improve and enhance your personal leadership style
In addition, you will be awarded a $700 scholarship for the fall 2018 semester with an opportunity to participate as a mentor during the spring 2019 (pending need and section availability).