Representatives from student clubs and organizations at IUPUC can apply for funding through the Student Government Association (SGA).
SGA considers requests from student groups for a variety of campus events and programs.
Club and organization representatives are responsible for reading the funding policy and compliance with the guidelines.
The information presented here is a summary; for details, review the SGA Funding Guide in its entirety.
- All groups who wish to conduct activities on the IUPUC campus must register through CollegiateLink.
- Completed forms must be on file in the Office of Student Involvement. If an organization is not registered, it is not eligible for funding.
- The Funding Information & Application Form must be completed and signed by your organization’s faculty/staff advisor.
- For your funding request to be included on the next scheduled Student Government Association (SGA) meeting agenda, completed applications must be submitted to email@example.com by 5 p.m. the Monday before the scheduled meeting. Review the current list of SGA meeting dates and times.
- Funding is intended for events that have not yet occurred. SGA may fund after-the-fact events on a case-by-case basis. Such funding may only be used in accordance with the specifications provided by SGA.
- Organizations must submit applications to SGA before the start of their program. Requests will not be heard more than once. Organizations may only seek funding five (5) times each semester, although multiple requests may be presented at the same time. Each request must have an itemized budget and proposal.
- T-shirts are funded on a case by case basis.
- In general, student organizations making funding requests are not required to make formal presentations to SGA.
- If a presentation is deemed necessary, the SGA treasurer will e-mail the organizational contact no later than 4 p.m. the day before the next meeting. The e-mail will contain the date, time, and meeting location.
- Within two (2) business days of the meeting, the treasurer will notify the organizational contact about the outcome of SGA’s decision.
Limits & Restrictions
- Organizations charging an admission fee or offering programs for closed audiences will be awarded a maximum of 50 percent of the total cost of the program.
- Funding for students to attend conferences or long-distance trips will be determined on a case-by-case basis, but such events are only eligible for a maximum of 50 percent of the total cost.
- No student organization may receive more than $1,000 for a single program and more than $2,500 in total per academic year.
- Funding must be spent in accordance with the IUPUC Student Code of Conduct and cannot be used for personal use, purchase of alcohol, support of legislation influence, litigation against the university, support of any political campaign, or on behalf of any candidate for public office.
- No funding is granted for direct donations made by student organizations to private or philanthropic causes.
- Funding is not intended for activities that are academic in nature. Programs that are open to majors only or students enrolled in a specific course/curriculum will not receive funding. Academic organizations must provide proof that activities are not connected to or supplemental to course and/or curricular requirements.
- Once SGA has reviewed a request, under no circumstances will it be reconsidered. All SGA decisions about funding requests are final.
Dates to Remember
SGA Meeting Date
Funding Request Due
|— October 22
||— October 14
|— October 29
||— October 21
|— November 5
||— October 28
|— November 12
||— November 4
|— November 19
||— November 11
|— December 3
||— Novemeber 24
SGA does not award emergency funds or hear funding requests outside of regularly scheduled association meetings.