As an Indiana University School of Nursing student at IUPUC, you will monitor the courses you complete and your progress toward graduation. Our academic advisors can help.
The experienced nursing advisors at IUPUC will provide you with the information and direction you need to successfully complete your degree. The IUSON at IUPUC Advising Center strives to provide a holistic student-centered approach that is proactive and multi-dimensional to support the academic, professional, emotional, and social well-being of our students.
Don’t hesitate to make an appointment; helping students like you succeed is our first priority.
Upon your admission to IUPUC, you will be assigned an advisor based on your student status.
- Direct BSN students have been admitted to the Indiana School of Nursing at IUPUC as first-year students, based on high school academic performance.
- Pre-Health students have been admitted to IUPUC and are working on prerequesites for application to a wide variety of majors, including Nursing, Radiology, Dental Hygiene, Pre-Occupational Therapy and Pre-Medicine.
- Traditional BSN students have completed the application requirements and are admitted into the BSN program.
- RN to BSN students are registered nurses (RNs) and have an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree, a nursing diploma from an NLNAC-accredited institution, or are currently working toward an ASN degree at Ivy Tech. These students are advised by an IUSON at IUPUC advisor.
- Accelerated BSN students have earned a bachelor’s degree in another field and want to become registered nurses.
Meet With your Advisor Often
You are ultimately responsible for ensuring you meet all IU course and degree requirements within the appropriate timeframe, but you don’t have to do it alone.
We recommend you consult with your advisor at least once each semester to ensure you are on track toward successfully completing your degree.
To schedule an appointment with a nursing advisor, please contact the Indiana University School of Nursing at IUPUC by calling 812.348.7250 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.