- M.A., Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), 2005
- B.A., Hanover College, 2000
- Indiana University Purdue University, Visiting Lecturer (2007–2010)
- Adjunct Instructor, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (2004–2007)
- Adjunct Instructor, Vincennes University (2006)
- HIV Women’s Educator, Step-Up, Indianapolis (2006–2007)
- Research Assistant, Center of Excellence in Leadership of Learning, University of Indianapolis (2006)
- Introduction to Sociology
- Families & Society
- Social Science Research Methods
- Capstone Internship in Sociology
- Gender and Society
- Sociology of Education
- Music & Social Change in the United States
- Social Theory
- Women & Health
- Introduction to Women’s Studies
- Urban Sociology in London & Paris
- AIDS and Society
- Sociology of Happiness
Administrative & Service Responsibilities
- Faculty Forum Fellowship
- Student Affairs Committee (2012–present)
- Donor-Funded Scholarship Committee (2010–present)
- Reviewer, Journal of Scholarship & Learning (2008–present)
- Reviewer, Teaching Sociology (2012–present)
- Nominations Committee ( 2008–2012)
- Faculty Advisor to Spectrum Club
- IUPUI Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Advisory Council (2017 – current)
- IUPUI Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Program Committee (2018 – current)
- IUPUI Capstone Community of Practice Committee (2018 – current)
- IUPUI Forum Council (2018 – current)
- IUPUI Study Abroad Advisory Committee (2015 – current)
- IUPUC Study Abroad Advisory Committee, Chair
- IUPUC Sexual Assault Response Team Executive Committee
- IUPUC Sexual Assault Action Group Taskforce
- IUPUC Compassionate Response Team
- IUPUC Faculty Mentoring Advisory Council
- IUPUC Office for Women Advisory Council
Awards and Honors
- Gateway Associate Faculty Scholar (2007)
- Service Learning Vice Chancellor’s Award (2014)
- Community Engagement Vice Chancellor’s Award (2015)
- Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award (2015)
- Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Generation 2.0 Leadership (2016)
- Purdue Pre-Tenure Women’s Conference Fellow (2016)
- Online Course Development Award, IUPUC (2016)
- IUPUC Diversity Award (2016)
- Outstanding Full Time Faculty Service Award (2017)
- Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award (2018)
- Towers, G., Poulsen, J., Zoeller, A., Crisp, C. & Torres, A. 2017. Diversifying for Sustainability: Repurposing a Targeted Pilot Faculty Mentoring Program. In 10th Annual Mentoring Conference Proceedings: A Decade of Cultivating an Inclusive Mentoring Community, eds. N. Dominguez, B. Berkeley, N. Barka, T. Chrisman, B. Kelley, & E.Westfall, pp. 818-823. Albuquerque: University of New Mexico. Also published in 2017 in The Chronicle of Mentoring and Coaching 2(Special Issue 10):818- 823.
- Towers, G., Carr, D., Poulsen, J., Zoeller, A., Torres Bernal, A., & Crisp, C. 2016. Career Self-Efficacy Mentoring for Pre-Promotion Under-Represented Faculty. In Dominguez, N. & Alexander, D. (Eds.), 9th Annual Mentoring Conference Proceedings: Developmental Networks: The Power of Mentoring and Coaching. University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM.
- Zoeller, A. Drury B. and Foote, C. 2016. “HIV/AIDS & Society: Service Learning Syllabus.” Trails. American Sociological Association.
- Howard, J. and A. Zoeller. 2007. “The Role of the Introductory Sociology Course on Students’ Perceptions of Achievement of General Education Goals.” Teaching Sociology 35(2), 209-222.
- Howard, J., Zoeller, A., and Pratt, Y. 2006. “Students’ Race and Participation in Sociology Classroom Discussion: A Preliminary Investigation” Journal of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning 6(1), 14-38.
Granting Agency: Heritage Fund: The Community Foundation of Bartholomew County
Grant Program: Welcoming Community Arts & Culture
Title: “Discovering Columbus: The Experience of Women Immigrants.” Amount: $4,003.
Collaborators: Anna Carmon, Douglas Gardner, George, Towers, Matt Rothrock, Brandi Rund, and Katherine Wills.
Granting Agency: IUPUI Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor
Grant Program: IUPUI Mentoring Academy
Title: “Career Self-Efficacy Mentoring for Pre-Promotion, Under-Represented Faculty at IUPUC.”
Collaborators: George Towers, Darrin Carr, Cheryl Crisp, Joan Poulsen, and Anibal Torres.
Granting Agency: IUPUI Center for Teaching and Learning.
Grant Program: Learning Environments
Title: “IUPUC Women’s Studies Office, Seminar Space, and Resource Area.”
Collaborator: George Towers.
My concentration in sociology is gender, family, and society. My current teaching interests include the role of music in social change, women and health, the sociology of happiness, and the scholarship of teaching and learning.