- Ph.D., North Dakota State University, 2010
- M.A., Illinois State University, 2005
- B.A., Marist College, 2003
- Basic Communication Course Director, North Dakota State University (2007–2010)
- Adjunct Instructor, West Chester University of Pennsylvania (2005–2006)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Illinois State University (2003–2005)
- Public Speaking
- Interpersonal Comunication
- Introduction to Communication Studies
- Principles of Interviewing
- Communication Theory
- Communication Research Methods
- Family Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- Gender and Communication
Administrative & Service Responsibilities
- Faculty sponsor, IUPUC Alpha Delta Lambda Honor Society
- Co-chair, IUPUC SpeakEasy
- Director, IUPUC Bridge Committee
- Chair, IUPUC Academic Affairs Committee
- Division of Liberal Arts representative, IUPUC Faculty Senate
- Member, IUPUC Donor-funded Scholarships Committee (2012)
- Member, IUPUC Search and Screen Committee for Division of Liberal Arts Head (2012)
- Member, IUPUC C.W. Coons Service Award Committee (2012)
- Member, IUPUC Executive Committee
- Member, IUPUC Student Affairs Committee (2011–2012)
- Member, IUPUC Search and Screen Committee for Tenure Track Faculty in Communication Studies (2011)
- Carmon, A. F. (in press). Is it necessary to be clear?: An examination of strategic ambiguity in family business mission statements. Journal of Qualitative Research Reports.
- Carmon, A. F., & Pearson, J. C. (in press). An exploration of family business employees: How perceptions of family communication influence their workplace experiences. Journal of Family Business Management.
- Carmon, A. F., & Poulsen, J. R. (2012). Do you feel left out of your family?: An examination of family communication patterns and ostracism. Iowa Journal of Communication, 44, 1-21.
- Carmon, A. F., Miller, A. N., Raile, A. N. W., & Roers, M. (2010). Fusing family and firm: Employee perceptions of perceived homophily, organizational justice, organizational identification, and organizational commitment in family businesses. Journal of Family Business Strategy, 1, 210-223.
- Carmon, A. F., Western, K. J., Miller, A. N., Pearson, J. C., & Fowler, M. (2010). Grieving those we’ve lost: An examination of family communication patterns and grief reactions. Communication Research Reports, 27, 253-262.4
- Pearson, J. C., Child, J. T., Carmon, A. F. (2010). Rituals in romantic relationships: The creation and validation of an instrument. Communication Studies, 61, 464-483.
- Pearson, J. C., Carmon. A. F., Tobola, C., & Fowler, M. (2010). Motives for communication: Why the Millenial generation uses electronic devices. Journal of the Communication, Speech, and Theatre Association of North Dakota, 22, 44-55.
- Pearson, J. C., Child, J. T., & Carmon, A. F. (2010). Rituals in dating relationships: The creation and validation of an instrument. Communication Quarterly.
- Pearson, J. C., Child, J. T., Carmon, A. F., & Miller, A. N. (2009). The effects of biological sex and intimacy expressions on relational quality and intimacy in dating couples. Communication Research Reports, 26, 1-14.
- Carmon, A. F., DeGreeff, B. L., Burnett, A., Semlak, J. L., & Wolf, K. (2009). The effect of uncivil behavior on friendships: An exploration of incivility as an interpersonal construct. Iowa Journal of Communication, 41, 219-239.
- Pearson, J. C., Carmon, A. F., Child, J. T., & Semlak, J. L. (2008). Why the range in grades?: An attempt to explain the variance in students’ grades in the public speaking course. Communication Quarterly, 4, 392-406.
- Carmon, A.F., Miller, A. N., & Brasher, K. (2013). Privacy orientations: A look at family satisfaction, job satisfaction, and work-life balance. Communication Reports, 26, 101-112.
- Poulsen, J. R., & Carmon, A. F. (in press). Who would do that?: A theory-based analysis of narratives of sources of family ostracism. Journal of Social Psychology.
- Carmon, A. F. (in press). Mission statements. In International Encyclopedia of Organizational Communication.
- Speech Coach, Columbus East High School
- Volunteer, Turning Point Domestic Violence Services
- Book Buddies, Taylorsville Elementary School (2010–2012)
- Sunday School Teacher, St. Bartholomew Catholic Church (2010–2012)