Thank you for coming to my page. My research, teaching, and service focus on writing across disciplines as theorized with cultural studies. Specifically my interests are in creative writing, business, professional and technical writing.
- B.A. from Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, English Literature
- B.A. Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, Anthropology
- M.A. Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, Writing
- Ph.D. University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, Composition and Rhetoric
Professional Activities (selected)
- Policy Analyst in Indiana Higher Education National Council Teachers of English
- Book Reviewer, Utah State University Press
- Chairperson, Association for Business Communication International Issues Committee
- Judge, National Council of Teachers of English Publications
- Executive Board Member, Research Network Forum at CCCC
- Manuscript reviewer, The Journal of Academic Literacy and Research Skills
- Manuscript reviewer, Business Communication Quarterly
- Manuscript reviewer, Business and Professional Communication Quarterly
- Manuscript reviewer, Composition Studies
- Manuscript reviewer, Journal of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Manuscript reviewer, Journal of Teaching and Learning with Technology
- Member, Association for Business Communication (ABC)
- Member, National Conference of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- Member, Conference on College Composition & Communication (CCCC)
- Member, Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Member, International Society for Writing Research
- Member, Writing Program Administrators (WPA-L)
- E450 English Capstone
- W400 Issues in the Teaching of Writing
- W403 Advanced Poetry Writing
- W303 Poetry Writing
- W301 Fiction Writing
- W401 Advanced Fiction Writing
- W350 Advanced Expository Writing
- W302 Screenwriting
- W208 Introduction to Poetry
- W206 Introduction to Creative Writing
- W231 Professional Writing with Service Learning
- W132 Elementary Composition 2
- W131 Elementary Composition 1
- W130 Principles of Composition
- TCM 360 Technical Communication
- L433 Conversations with Shakespeare
- L431 Topics in Literary Study
Administrative & Service Responsibilities
- IUPUC English Program Director (Chairperson 2013-present)
- Interim Division Head, IUPUC Division Head of Liberal Arts (2012-13)
- Member, Faculty Colloquium on Excellence in Teaching (FACET, 2010-present)
Awards & Activities
- IUPUI Prestigious External Award Recongnition (PEAR) 2014
- IUPUC Outstanding Teacher Award 2014
- Research Network Forum award for Research and Service at Conference on College Composition and Communication 2010
- IU Faculty Colloquium on Excellence in Teaching (FACET) 2010
- IUPUI Prestigious External Award Recognition (PEAR) 2008
- IUPUC Outstanding Research Faculty Award 2008
- Best New Collection in Technical and Scientific Writing by National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) for co-edited collection Critical Power Tools: Technical Communication and Cultural Studies. Blake Scott, Bernadette Longo, and Katherine V. Wills (Eds.). NY: SUNY: 2007
- IUPUC Outstanding Fulltime Faculty Award 2006
- Wills, K.V. & Rice, R. (Eds.) (2013).ePortfolio Performance Support Systems: Constructing, Presenting, and Assessing Portfolios in Public Workplaces.
Scott, B., B. Longo, & K. V. Wills (Eds). (2006).Critical Power Tools: Technical Communication and Cultural Studies. Albany: SUNY. Edited Collection.
Tsiopos Wills, K.V. (2015). A Study of Technological Literacy and Privilege in Writing Programs. Omni Scriptum P. Saarbrucken, GER. ISBN 978-3-639-76383-6.
Bousquet, M., & K. Wills (Eds). (2004).Politics of Information: Electronic Mediation of Social Change. Alt-X/EBR Critical E-Books Series inaugural edition. http://www.altx.com/ebooks/infopol.html
Wills, K.V. (Ed). (1999). Reflections of Courage: Letters and Poetry to Dr. Martin Luther King from Students of IPS 44. Little Voice and Chapbooks.Com Indianapolis, IN. Edited collection.
- Schleifer, R., Townsend, M.A., Tsiopos Wills, K.V., Akasakalova, O., Nemec Ignashev, D., & Vendiktova, T. (2016). Under Lomonosov’s Watchful Gaze: A Case Study of an Early Faculty Development Writing Workshop in Russia. Contrastive Linguistics, #5: 297-310.
СОПОСТАВИТЕЛЬНАЯ ЛИНГВИСТИКА. ПОД СТРОГИМ ВЗГЛЯДОМ ЛОМОНОСОВА: УЧЕБНАЯ СЕССИЯ ПО РАЗВИТИЮ АКАДЕМИЧЕСКОГО ПИСЬМА В РОССИИ
- *Lovejoy, K., Fox, S., & Wills, K. (2015). “From language Experience to classroom practice: Affirming linguistic diversity in writing pedagogy.” Students’ Rights to Their Own Language. (Eds) Perryman-Clark, S., Kirkland, D.E., & A. Jackson. Bedford St. Martins: Boston. REPRINT
- Warchal, L.R., Ruiz. A.I., Lin, P. L., Drnach, M., Wills, K., & N. Marthakis. (2013) "Reflections on connections in service learning" Lin, P. L. (Ed).Fourth International Symposium on Service-Learning: Connecting the Global to the Local at Ningbo Technological University. Ningbo, China. Univ. of Indianapolis UP, Indianapolis.
- Wills, K.V. (2011). “I Just Felt Kinda Invisible”: Accommodations for Learning Disabled Students in the Composition Classroom.” Autism and Aspergerger’s Syndrome in the Classroom.” V. Gerstle and L. Walsh. Marquette UP. 35-44.
- Killian, L. & K. V. Tsiopos-Wills. (20110. “The Service-Learning Economic Benefits: A Case Study of the Alternative Spring Break (ASB) Model.”Service Learning In Higher Education: National and International Connection (Ed) P. L. Lin. U of Indianapolis P. 237-48.
- Wills, K.V. (2010) “Still Paying Attention Ten Years Later: A Bakhtinian Reading of the National Information Infrastructure Initiative Administrative Agenda.”Computers and Composition Online.
- Wills, K.V., & T. Clerkin. (2009). "Using Reflective Practice in International Studies."Business Communication Quarterly.
- Lovejoy, K., Fox, S., & K.V. Wills. (2009). “From Language Experience to Classroom Practice: Affirming Linguistic Diversity in Writing Pedagogy.”PEDAGOGY 9.2
- K. V. “Designing Students: Using Cultural Studies Approaches in Technical Writing.” Critical Power Tools: Cultural Studies Approaches in Technical Communication. Eds. Bernadette Longo, Scott Blake, and Katherine V. Wills. Albany:SUNY, 2006. 259-270.
- Wills, K. V. (2004). “The Lure of Easy Psychic Income in Academic Capitalism."Tenured Bosses and Disposable Teachers: Writing Instruction in the Managed University. Eds. Marc Bousquet, Tony Scott, and Leo Parascondola. Southern Illinois UP. 201-206.
- Tsiopos, Katerina. “Indiana SCUBA” And Know this Place. Ed. J. Kander. Indiana Historical Society Indianapolis, IN. (2012).
- Tsiopos, Katerina. “Blessing of the Bikes: Bean Blossom Boogie” And Know this Place. Ed. J. Kander. Indiana Historical Society Indianapolis, IN (2012)
- Tsiopos , Katerina. “Blessing of the Bikes.” ABATE. (Aug 2009). 9.
- Tsiopos Wills, Katherine. “Counter Girl.” ART/LIFE 16:4 (1996).
- Tsiopos Wills, Katherine. "A Wall, a Ditch" Flying Island 2:2, Indianapolis, IN (May, 1994).
- Tsiopos, Wills Katerina. "Je suis une chaise." ART/ LIFE. 10:8, Ventura, CA (Oct.1993).
- Tsiopos, Katherine. "Sister." River Styx #5 Limited Edition, St. Louis, MO (May 1979).
- Tsiopos, Katerina. "Exploratory Surgery." Y-Bird: 1, #2, Berkeley, CA (Spring 1979). 128.