Please explore these databases for full-text articles and other research resources on subjects related to the study of education and more.
General Education Subjects
- The Chronicle of Higher Education Online
- Education Source (EBSCO): Provides indexing and abstracts for mor than 2,850 academic periodicals and includes full text for more than 1,800 journals, 550 books and monographs, education-related conference papers, citations for over 4 million articles including book reviews and over 100,000 controlled and cross-referenced names of educational tests. Coverage in Education Source spans all levels of education from early childhood to higher education and also includes educational specialties such as multilingual education, health education and testing.
- Education Journals (Proquest): This database gives you access to over 785 top educational publications, including more than 615 of the titles in full text, offering complete information on hundreds of educational topics.
- ERIC (EBSCO): The ERIC (Educational Resources Information Center) database is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education to provide extensive access to educational-related literature. The ERIC database corresponds to two printed journals: Resources in Education (RIE) and Current Index to Journals in Education (CIJE). Both journals provide access to some 14,000 documents and over 20,000 journal articles per year.
- Higher Education Research Institute (HERI): This database serves as an interdisciplinary center for research, evaluation, information, policy studies, and research training in postsecondary education.
- International Children's Digital Library: This digital library provides a list of outstanding children's books from around the world. Their database consists of over 4,642 books in 61 languages.
- JSTOR: This not-for-profit organization has a dual mission to create and maintain a trusted archive of important scholarly journals and to provide access to these journals as widely as possible. Content in JSTOR spans many disciplines in the humanities and sciences.
- National Center for Educational Statistics: This database is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education.
- Outstanding Science Trade Books: This database provides the recommended reading list from the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA).
- Professional Development Collection (EBSCO): This database provides a highly specialized collection of electronic information especially for professional educators. This collection offers information on everything from children's health and development to cutting-edge pedagogical theory and practice.
- Sports Medicine and Education Index: This database provides specialized, editorially curated A&I resources critical to researchers with an academic, professional or personal interest in the field of physical education. Through scholarly and trade literature, the database covers a wide range of topics, ranging from physical and health education to fitness and recreation and the business of sports, as well as kinesiology, physical therapy, motor learning, and sport sociology and psychology.
- Teacher Reference Center (EBSCO): This database provides indexing and abstracts for over 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator trade journals to assist professional educators.
- Tests in Print (now part of Mental Measurements with Test in Print) (EBSCO): This database serves as a comprehensive bibliography to all known commercially available tests that are currently in print in the English language. TIP provides vital information to users including test purpose, test publisher, in-print status, price, test acronym, intended test population, administration times, publication dates, and test authors.
Fall HoursMonday -- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday -- Tuesday, November 22-23: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday -- Friday, November 24-26: CLOSED